mo.lock - the digital touchless ignition lock with RFID technology.
The mo.lock is a contact free digital ignition lock with RFID technology and substitutes mechanical ignition locks or their electrical switching feature respectively.
The associated digital key/transponder only has to be approached to the m.Lock (switching distance approx. 1 1/2" - 2"), and the ignition is switched on or off completely contact free.
The mo.lock is based on the latest RFID technology (Radio Frequency Identification) and therefore, unlike e.g. radio remote controls, tamper-proof. Each key/transponder has a unique digital code.
The mo.lock can be actuated with the correct digital code only. Key/transponder and m.Lock are absolutely free of mechanical wear.
The mo.lock switches automotive relays with a possible load of up to 40A - sufficient power for every on-board system.
The hidden mounting of the small mo.lock, covered by non-metallic parts like e.g. a plastic side panel, permits completely removing the mechanic ignition lock. Clean look and various design possibilities are guaranteed - especially for custom bikes!
The available option 'Glass Tube' is so small (3 x 13 mm) that it can be sewn into the glove. Please note the reduced switching distance (about 5-10 mm) of the Glass Tube transponder. The 2 included standard keys (teardrop shape) are key fob sized.
All keys/transponders are available as a replacement 'key blank' and can be 'taught' to the desired mo.lock.
Note: We do not recommend using the mo.lock combined with immobilizers! Contact your dealer/manufacturer for informations about the possible deactivation of the immobilizer.
Attention: If a high compressed engine (i.e. RevTech, S&S) is cranked with a pure lead battery (i.e. Hawker Odysee) the high current flow will cause a voltage drop and the relay may release. Further cranking the engine is not possible. In this particular case an additional backing capacitor is necessary. This capacitor will supply the relay coil in the moment of high current flow. This part has to be ordered separately (part # MG4002002). Please see the connection scheme for installation; observe polarity.
Dimensions and specifications
Transmitter/receiver, diameter of installed assembly: 30 mm
Height: 14 mm
Cable length: approx. 50 cm (20")
Weight incl. cable: approx. 30 g
Fixture: 2 x M3 threaded hole on back side
Operating voltage: 6V - 18V
Operating temperature: -20 °C... +80 °C (-4F - 176F)
Scope of Delivery
mo.lock with approx. 50 cm (20") connector cable, 1 user key and 1 master key (teardrop shape), 1 automotive relay 12V/40A, 4 flat pins with isolating sleeves, connector, removable fuse, detailed installation and operating instructions.
All advantages summarized
- RFID technology is tamper-resistant
- each key has a unique code
- the key first activates the m.Lock without touching it and then, via the relay, the entire on-board system
- neither key nor mo.lock suffer from mechanical wear
- the key requires no battery - failsafe
- no overload or scorched pins possible due to indirect switching via the 40 A main relay
- the mo.lock is very compact an can be mounted hidden in many places
- water tight and vibration resistant because of the moulded-in construction
- depending on the model, key sizes range from very small (key fob sized) to tiny (glass vial) and may be integrated into other objects like gloves, clothing, pendants (NON-METALLIC!) etc.
- keys can be easily purchased and 'learned' to any mo.lock - your integrated locksmith
- a switching distance of 4 - 5 cm ensures convenient switching while excluding the possibility of accidental engagement
- An integrated LED shows the status of the m.Lock while mounting, connecting and 'teaching' new keys